Florida’s FREE Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) program is available to all of Florida’s 4 year olds*, regardless of income. Children who attend a quality pre-kindergarten program are better prepared when they enter school. The program is designed to prepare children for kindergarten and to build a foundation for educational success.
- *FREE for all children who are 4 years old by September 1 and reside in Florida.
- *FREE for children who turn 5 year old between February 2 through September 1 and postpone their VPK eligibility to the next program year and reside in Florida.
The program runs for 540 instructional hours during the school year and 300 instructional hours during the summer.
Visit the links below or Call (800) 238-3463 and ask for VPK to learn more.
- Click here for VPK Registration Information
- Click here to Apply for VPK
- Find a VPK School in your area
- Click for information about Kindergarten Readiness Rates
Sponsorship by the Early Learning Coalition of North Florida and the state of Florida, Office of Early Learning.