Join us as we celebrate families and encourage families to be engaged in their child’s learning, development and well-being.
Did you know that family engagement is important because it supports children’s school readiness and promotes children’s school success by increasing motivation? It also reduces behavioral problems and improves the social-emotional development of children. Family engagement also fosters skills in young children such as impulse control, attention, memory and planning skills.
Throughout the month of November, we want to celebrate Florida’s families. Be sure to use #EngagedFamiliesFL when posting on social media. The Office of Early Learning will be sharing #EngagedFamiliesFL tagged posts on our social media throughout the month. You can follow along using #EngagedFamiliesFL on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Family Engagement Materials
- The Family Engagement Month Calendar has daily activities for you to do with your child.
- Take the pledge to be your child’s first teacher.
- What is Family Engagement? Find out with our Family Engagement Flyer.
- The Family Engagement Checklist is a helpful tool when considering your level of partnership with your child’s early learning program.
- These Tips for Child Care Providers offer helpful ideas to promote Family Engagement this month.
- Check out our Family Engagement Pinterest Board for more resources.
- Find activities to do with your child to support their learning here.
- Here are some additional resources to support your child’s development and well-being.
- Have older children? Check out the resources from the Florida Department of Education.
A child’s brain grows the fastest from birth through age 5! Helping them learn now gets them ready for school, friends and life.
Parents, the time you spend with your child helps their brain grow strong. Even a few minutes count! Learn how to turn every day moments into brain building moments with Vroom. You already have what it takes!